Field Delegate South Sudan
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is part of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement, the world's largest independent humanitarian organization. The movement has three parts: the National Societies, the International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The SRC has over the years supported the South Sudan Red Cross (SSRC) in responding to improve access to basic health services and safe water, hygiene and sanitation across the country. For our program related to emergency intervention and projects for basic health, safe water, hygiene and sanitation, blood transfusion and psychosocial support we are looking for a delegate in the function of a
Field Delegateto be based in Torit and/ or Nimule, South Sudan with frequent travel to Juba and Wau.
- Support the SSRC Torit branch in the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities (including development of work plans and funds requests, monitoring of budgets, procurement, reporting)
- Support branch staff in the development of procurement plans and the follow up on procurement, receipts, storing and distribution of goods and supplies
- Provide technical advice in the thematic areas of health including WASH, blood donor recruitment and psychosocial support
- Provide regular narrative and financial reports to SRC Country Coordinator on the progress of projects
- Provide technical advice to the project teams in the development of new project proposals, and be responsible for forwarding of proposals to the Country Coordinator
- Ensure productive partnerships with branch team, volunteers, stakeholders and authorities at field level
- Participate in internal and external coordination mechanisms and multi sector coordination forums
- Monitor and assess the security situation in the project areas.
- Degree in Public Health, Development Studies or related field
- Minimum of 5 years international working experience as project manager
- Demonstrated working experience in WASH, Community Health or psychosocial support
- Diplomacy, tact, team spirit, leadership qualities and negotiation skills are essential
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Willingness to live in a remote and fragile context with limited access to phone and internet
- Familiarity with Red Cross Movement and regional experience is an asset.
What we offer
12 months with the option of extension, starting as soon as possible or as per agreement. Competitive salary, social insurances, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation provided. Non family posting.
Please submit your application with CV with a motivation letter and names of three referees (will be contacted only if candidate is shortlisted) attn. Isabel Bangerter.