Field Delegate Laos (Head of Sub Delegation)
- Work experience
- Published: 2020-07-31
Help us create a world of greater humanity!
Our Asia/Europe division is looking to recruit a
Field Delegate (Head of Sub-Delegation)to be based in Luang Prabang, Laos. Together with its national partners, the Swiss Red Cross has been implementing health projects in Laos for more than thirty years, with a focus on primary health care, system management and health financing. To manage our Sub-Delegation, we are looking for a Public Health expert with strong leadership and organisational development skills as well as international working experience as a manager/coordinator in a conducive environment.
- Management of the SRC Sub-Delegation in Luang Prabang, supervision and technical support of local technical and administrative staff in a culturally sensitive environment
- Professional planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating SRC’s Integrated Primary Health Care and Health Promotion Program in Luang Prabang, making programmatic adjustments in line with review recommendations
- Strategic, management and technical support to Lao Red Cross (LRC), Luang Prabang Branch, for the implementation of the SRC-LRC Institutional Preparedness & Disaster Risk Management project
- Monitoring progress, overseeing and controlling budgets, regular narrative and financial reporting to SRC Delegation in Vientiane, SRC Headquarters and partners
- Representing and advocating for the program’s aims in governmental and non-governmental meetings at all levels, ensuring program visibility
- Advising program partners on key thematic and strategic issues
- Designing and conducting various types of research (KAP, MTR, etc.).
- University and/or post-graduate degree, preferably in Public Health or other health related qualification
- Proven experience in the management of project teams and offices (incl. familiarity with PCM and demonstrated financial management skills) and conversant with primary health care/health promotion interventions
- Experience with Capacity Development of local partners and staff
- Proven managerial experience and skills
- Analytical and strategic planning skills, monitoring and reporting skills, ideally with research experience (quantitative and qualitative methods)
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Networking and Coordination skills with authorities, partners and other NGOs
- English: fluent, speaking and writing, Lao is an asset
- Familiarity with Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is an advantage.
What you can expect
- Interesting work with opportunity for creative freedom
- Work with a sense of purpose
- Team spirit and respectful atmosphere, in which diversity and equal opportunity are not just words
- Opportunities for training
- Competitive salary, social insurances, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation provided
- Family posting
- 2 years contract (with possible extension), starting January 1, 2021 or by arrangement.
- Ms. Isabel Bangerter-Mamerow
- +41 58 400 42 90