Country Coordinator Malawi
- published till: 2020-11-10
Help us create a world of greater humanity!
Our Division Africa/Americas is looking to recruit a Country Coordinator, based in Lilongwe, Malawi, with regular travel to rural project areas.
- Monitor and support the implementation of the SRC country programme
- Planning and monitoring of MRCS project implementation in the areas of community based health (including WASH), blood donor recruitment, and logistics support
- Represent SRC, actively support MRCS in its organizational development, fostering RC/RC Movement alignment in-country as well as resource optimization
- Maintain coordination and networking with all relevant stakeholders in country
- Manage and supervise a local finance officer, technical support and monitoring of MRCS project staff
- Provide documentation of projects as well as regular narrative and financial reporting to SRC HQ and partners, monitor the progress and quality of MRCS project implementation
- Monitor and control budgets, support a transparent and accountable finance management
- Assess the security situation in Lilongwe and the project areas
- Give support to MRCS and SRC in emergency assessment and/or response if required.
- University degree (master) or relevant work experience in a related area, e.g. health, management, organizational development. An asset is knowledge in public health
- Minimum of 5 years international working experience as manager or supervisor
- Demonstrated experience in project management, proposal writing, and finance management
- Proven strategic and partner orientated thinking
- Diplomacy, tact, team spirit, cultural sensitivity, leadership, and negotiation skills are essential
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Familiarity with Red Cross Movement and regional experience is an asset.
What you can expect
- 24-months contract, starting 1st February 2021 or by arrangement, possibly with option of extension
- Interesting work with opportunity for creative freedom
- Work with a sense of purpose
- Team spirit and respectful atmosphere, in which diversity and equal opportunity are not just words
- Opportunities for training
- Family posting
- Adequate salary, social insurances
- Travel expenses provided
- Partly paid accommodation.